<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://vintagepagedesigns.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
New England Stamper: Stenciled Collage

June 24, 2010

Stenciled Collage

I managed to squeeze an hour of playtime in yesterday afternoon and made some stenciled collage panels.

The challenge on the Design Junkie's blog last week was to try the Stenciled Collage technique from the Aug/Sept 08 edition. This isn't a technique I would normally have tried, but I loved it and will certainly do it again.


The stencil I used was from Michaels and I found it in the decorative painting/home decor section. I placed it over a Pulled Glimmers panel (TJ June/July 10) and applied white SU craft ink with a dauber. Once it was dry, I stamped the main image on top with Stazon. Here's a closer look:

The stamp and sentiment are from a retired SU set called Essence of Love. This technique works great with silhouette stamps. I bet it would look good with SU's Inspired by Nature or Upsy Daisy too.

I need to get to the woods with my dog before the heavens open - there are lots of black clouds outside. Thanks for visiting!

Ali

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger wwilloww said...

Pulled glimmers is the perfect background for the stencil collage technique!! Hauntingly beautiful card!!

June 24, 2010 at 9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely! Definitely an "Ali" card! Very pretty!

June 24, 2010 at 10:43 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

i love it too. and you made the technique sounds very easy to do -- nicely done all around. xo.

June 24, 2010 at 10:48 PM  
Blogger Linda Ledbetter said...

Oh, that's beauteous!

June 25, 2010 at 12:38 PM  
Blogger Terry said...

Wow, that is stunning! Love those colors and the CB embossing folder is one of my favorites!

June 26, 2010 at 10:27 AM  
Blogger Isabelle Norris said...

Love this!! very elegant and the colours are fantastic!!!
isa

June 30, 2010 at 7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home