<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://vintagepagedesigns.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
New England Stamper: Patchwork Card

June 20, 2010

Patchwork Card

I have been really busy stamping and not just enjoying the fabulous weather we're having, but I can't share any of the projects for another couple of months because it's a surprise.....sorry!

However, I did stamp a few cards for fun this weekend. I can't believe that the June/July 2010 issue of the TJ newsletter has been out for a couple of weeks and this is the first chance I've had to try any of the techniques! The first one is called Patchwork.


I created the patchwork panel by sponging brown (Soft Suede) and blue (Baja Blue) inks onto c/stock, using post-it notes to mask of the different areas. I stamped a script background over the entire piece, then blew the dust of my sewing machine and zig zag stitched the seams.

The bird image from Artistic Outpost was lightly water colored with SU inks and mounted onto a new SU color c/stock called Early Espresso. The 1/8" taffeta ribbon is in the same color and it's so rich and dark, I know it's going to be one of my new go-to colors. I LOVE it!

Have a wonderful week!

Ali

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Beautiful card, Ali! I LOVE the colors!!!!

June 20, 2010 at 11:42 PM  
Blogger Jean Franks Beck said...

Love the soft watercolor effect on this whole card! So beautiful!

June 21, 2010 at 10:55 AM  
Blogger Linda Ledbetter said...

I'm always impressed when people put stitching on their cards, but this one is really exceptional!

June 21, 2010 at 12:02 PM  
Blogger Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful patchwork card, love your colors. Thanks for using Artistic Outpost images.

June 21, 2010 at 4:42 PM  
Blogger Dwita said...

What a fab card you made here. Your stitching is adorable. I wish I could make one. Thanks for stopping by on my blog and yfor your sweet comment.

June 22, 2010 at 1:18 AM  
Blogger penny4thoughts said...

Beautiful card, Ali! Such a great background technique - sometimes the simplest ones have such a great impact - and the stitching is a perfect addition as well!!

June 22, 2010 at 3:56 PM  
Blogger Terry said...

Love the soft background colors and the bird image is perfect! Just beautiful! I need to pull on my sewing machine!! Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting!

June 22, 2010 at 4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home