<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://vintagepagedesigns.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
New England Stamper: Morning Walk - Herons

May 29, 2010

Morning Walk - Herons

I occasionally share pictures I take on my morning walks and I couldn't resist blogging these! I visited a new place last week - an Audubon Wildlife Sanctuary, which is just a five minute drive from my house.

I was over the moon when I across a pond/swamp with 5 nesting Herons. I've only ever seen these birds flying or wading, but never sitting in their nests. I'm not sure if they're Blue Herons or not, but they are really impressive birds. This is the best picture I could get.

Here's one of the many beautiful streams leading down to the pond.

Oh, and we mustn't forget the beavers.

Each day I feel so blessed to live in such a beautiful part of the world. Thanks for letting me share it with you!

Ali

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Susan Raihala said...

Beautiful pictures, Ali! Thanks so much for taking me along on your walk this morning. I feel so refreshed!

May 29, 2010 at 8:34 AM  
Blogger Linda Ledbetter said...

Awesome photos, Ali! I love herons. We have quite a few living along the banks of the Boise River, and whenever I see one, I feel like I've entered some kind of magical world.

May 29, 2010 at 9:20 AM  
Blogger Gayle Page-Robak said...

Fabulous photos, Ali. Just had eye surgery last Thursday so not spending much time online...will be happy when they have finished with the other eye as well. In the meantime I have to be patient as the process doesn't move quickly. I have pumped up my computer magnification to view a bit, but must be careful. Hope you had a good weekend.

May 30, 2010 at 3:56 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Fantastic. The weather looks perfect too! We have some wonderful Kingfishers on the River Wye, nearby and some very tame blackbirds in the back garden.
Hop over to my blog there is a little surprise in store. Hope you feel like playing. If not no worries.

May 31, 2010 at 6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home