<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://vintagepagedesigns.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
New England Stamper: Lucky Me & the Color Challenge

May 26, 2010

Lucky Me & the Color Challenge

I couldn't believe my luck the other day when I won Lynn Steven's blog candy. When it arrived in the mail, I just about fell over in surprise. It was all so beautifully packaged, it seemed a shame to open it. But I did and everything inside the box was exquisite. As many of you know, Lynn is such a generous and sweet person - thanks Lynn!


I'll be offering some of my own blog candy soon and will include some of Lynn's as a way of paying it forward. Keep a look out.....

I hosted the Color Challenge on Gingersnaps today. This month's colors are burgundy, ivory and black. Here's the card I made for it.


To create the pink, speckled background, I used a technique called Spritzed Stone (TJ newsletter Dec 09/Jan 10). It involves scribbling Copic markers on acetate, spritzing them with alcohol and pressing a piece of c/stock onto it. Unfortunately, I didn't have the right strength alcohol, so I used the liquid refill for the Copic blender pen instead. I think it turned out pretty much the same, but when I buy the alcohol I'll compare the results.

Here's a look - the woman at the top looks like she has measles (LOL)!

Head over to Gingersnap Creations to see the awesome work created by the rest of the Design Team.

Happy Stamping!

Ali


Supplies:
  • Stamps: Non Sequitur, Stamp Camp (word)
  • Paper: Fabriano watercolor card base, bravo burgundy & very vanilla c/stock
  • Ink: Memento black, Copic Markers, Copic blender pen solution
  • Accessories: Embroidery floss,
  • Tools: Jewelry tag punch (SU), spritz bottle

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Connie Fossenier said...

Wish I could find some time for your challenges...Ginger Snap looks like so much fun...Ali you card is so elegant..and a mystic feeling to it..
Awesome job on the technique.
connie paxman

May 26, 2010 at 10:15 PM  
Blogger Linda Ledbetter said...

Ali, your card is beautiful! I love the color combo you chose for us this month, and you've used it so well here!

Congratulations on your win, too! Lynn is indeed a talented and generous lady.

May 27, 2010 at 8:48 AM  
Blogger Lynne Moncrieff said...

Congratulations on your win. Lynn does have that special touch.
Your card is beautiful. I don't think I have ever used this colour combination. Great stamps - never seen them before. TFS. Lynne M x

May 27, 2010 at 11:43 AM  
Blogger Lynn Stevens said...

Awe, Thanks Ali your a doll! Enjoy! and I know I already told you but worth repeating! A Beautiful card!

May 28, 2010 at 3:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home