<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://vintagepagedesigns.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
New England Stamper: Split Stamping Personality

July 26, 2010

Split Stamping Personality

There hasn't been much stamping or blogging going on here for the past few weeks, I'm afraid. That's what happens during school vacation. I have a little down time this week because my daughter is in camp and I finally managed to stamp today.

I have two cards to share - one I made for a tutorial I wrote on Gingersnaps, but haven't had time to blog. The background behind the woman is a sun print made using a chemically treated paper. You can read how it's done here. I restamped the image (from Artistic Outpost) on cream c/stock and cut out the woman and adhered her on top of the sun print. The pale blue background was made using the Sanded Whitewash technique (TJ newsletter Aug 09).


And the second card is for today's Clean and Simple Challenge on Splitcoast - it's been an age since I did that challenge. It's for my husband because we celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary next week.


Together they highlight my split stamping personality! Generally, I go for botanical, vintage and collage images, but I also have what I call my 'Papertrey' side. I love the clean lines of some of the modern images, such as this one from Stampin' Up (Cute by the Inch).

Quick Tip:

I love these Pitt Artist pens from Faber Castell and use them all the time. They have four different nibs - brush, medium, fine and super fine, and are waterproof and smudge-proof.


I like to run the brush tip along the edge of inchies (or other punched shapes) for definition and these work great. The super fine nib is good for filling in missing parts of a stamped image. Or the dots on this card. Their uses are infinite and at $11 - a real bargain. I got mine at an art supply store, but I'm sure Michaels and other big box retailers sell them too.

Here's hoping for more stamping time tomorrow.

Happy Stamping!

Ali

Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful cards Ali, love the look of the Artistic Outpost image! Thanks for playing!

July 26, 2010 at 10:31 PM  
Blogger Terry said...

I read the sun print tutorial and now have to find more supplies! Never ending need for stuff! You did a wonderful job on both cards! The AO image reminds me of me when I had wingtip glasses! Thank you for commenting on my blog and following. I do appreciate that!

July 26, 2010 at 11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both cards are great! I loved the way you used sun print paper with stamps and your CAS is fabulous!

July 27, 2010 at 7:20 AM  
Blogger Jean Franks Beck said...

Both cards are beautiful, Ali! The sun print is soooo very cool, I never would have thought of doing something like that (loved the tutorial, too!). And I know exactly what you mean about the split stamping personality... I've got more than a few Papertrey sets myself (literally and figuratively!), and I'm very much drawn to the style, even though I don't do it very often. Thanks for the inspiration!

July 28, 2010 at 4:38 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

both cards are charming. versatility is good!thanks for the tip about the pens!

July 30, 2010 at 1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home