<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://vintagepagedesigns.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
New England Stamper: Travel Journal

June 2, 2011

Travel Journal

We're still traveling in England, but before we left I made a travel album to record what we did and collect some of the bits & pieces we pick up on the way. The album is from 7 Gypsies and is made up of 10 very thick chipboard pages measuring 5" x 7.5". The patterned paper is a 6"x6" package from Memory Box called Valise.


I love the concept of prepping a journal or scrapbook before a trip for several reasons.

Firstly, I NEVER scrapbook after trips, even though I have the best of intentions. I'm good about printing photos, but I've never been a big 12x12 scrapper. So, these mini albums work great for me. (I should share some others I've created in the past).

Secondly, they're fun to use when you're on the trip. At the end of each day, it's good to spend a few minutes reflecting on what you've done and collating all the memorabilia. We all miss our studios/craft rooms when we're away from home, so it's fun to still be able to play around with paper and glue!

Finally, the preparation for any event - a holiday, vacation or other special occasion is part of the experience. Creating these journals ahead of time just adds to the excitement and sense of anticipation about the upcoming trip.

Here are the inside pages. I've included some binder clips to attach memorabilia.

I'm bringing with me some journaling tags to attach to pages as I go.

I'm also bringing with me some journaling cards to fill in each day.

I attached some clear envelopes to include 4" x 6" photos.

On the final page, I included an envelope for stray bits and pieces.

I'll post the finished album when I get back.....

Happy stamping,

Ali

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Netty said...

Welcome to the UK Ali, hope you have a great time. Annette x

June 2, 2011 at 2:44 PM  
Blogger Sophia said...

Είναι πολύ όμορφο!!!

August 15, 2011 at 3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home