<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://vintagepagedesigns.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
New England Stamper: Polished Vellum

April 2, 2010

Polished Vellum

Here's a stamp I've had for a while, but didn't quite know what to do with it. When I made this polished vellum background (TJ newsletter April/May 05), I thought they would make a good match.

The basic idea is similar to polished stone, where you pounce different colors of alcohol inks and alcohol onto glossy paper, but in this technique, you use vellum instead. I used vellum c/stock from Stampin' Up!, which is more sturdy than regular vellum paper.

Vitalized David

Once the inks were dry, I brayed black Stazon onto the David stamp and stamped onto the vellum. It was layered it onto a dictionary page, then black and white c/stock.

I'm not quite sure who I'd send this card to, so he might keep me company in my studio for a while.

Have a splendid weekend!

Supplies:

  • Stamps: Artful Artifacts (Stampers Anonymous)
  • Paper: More mustard, whisper white, basic black and vellum c/stock, dictionary page
  • Ink: Black Stazon, alcohol inks
  • Accessories: Word stick (Ideology), black embroidery floss

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Lynn Stevens said...

Ohh I like this one, gonna have to give it a try!

April 3, 2010 at 9:03 AM  
Anonymous Shar B said...

He's quite striking! Excellent card! Great how you layered it with a text page...you think of the best finishing touches!

April 5, 2010 at 12:28 AM  
Anonymous DCorder (deb) said...

This is beautiful! I thought that stamp was too big but now that I see this card I'm not so sure...might need to rethink getting this set. BEAUTIFUL!

April 6, 2010 at 6:32 AM  
Anonymous Beth Norman said...

Very nice. I'm actually working on a tutorial with vellum for next Tuesday. I'm pretty addicted to the stuff lately and will have to use your technique.

April 6, 2010 at 7:04 AM  
Anonymous debby said...

This is amazing. I'm gonna to try that right now!

April 8, 2010 at 9:34 AM  
Anonymous JeanFB said...

The background and layering are the perfect complement to this image. Beautiful and inspiring!

April 9, 2010 at 5:21 AM  
Anonymous 2amscrapper said...

I really like this card. I'll have to try this technique on vellum.

April 11, 2010 at 9:49 AM  
Anonymous Katy said...

This looks fab Ali!

April 13, 2010 at 10:26 AM  
Anonymous Kim Dellow said...

Fabulous Ali - Love the look. Kim

April 20, 2010 at 9:05 AM  
Anonymous Lindsay Weirich said...

very cool and artsy!

April 27, 2010 at 1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home