<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://vintagepagedesigns.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
New England Stamper: Growth

March 31, 2010

Growth

Oops - long time, no post! I've been super busy with a myriad of projects both at home and stamping related. And I realized that I forgot to post the card I made for Gingersnaps Growth Challenge last week. And I posted another challenge today, which will be on my blog tomorrow. Yikes - I can't keep up!

For this card, I used a new poppy stamp (well new to me) from Penny Black and I just love it!

Thinking of Orange Poppies

The poppy is stamped on watercolor paper and I used Stampin' Up! markers to watercolor it (Marker Watercoloring). The centers has black seed beads, which you can see better in this close up picture:

Poppy close up

Tomorrow I'll share a wall hanging I made using a paper fringe.

Thanks for visiting!


Supplies:

  • Stamps: Poppy Poem (Penny Black), Teeny Tiny Wishes (Stampin' Up!)
  • C/stock: Watercolor paper, Old Olive c/stock & Fabriano card base
  • Ink: Stazon, SU markers, Old Olive
  • Accessories: Linen thread, black seed beads
  • Tools: Word window punch

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Susan Raihala said...

Ali, this is so pretty...your coloring is divine!
Have you seen the upcoming Hero Arts release? As soon as I saw it, I thought of you. Bet you'll make some gorgeous stuff with the new stamps.

March 31, 2010 at 1:32 PM  
Anonymous Gerrie said...

This is just beautiful, luv the little beads in the center! hugz

March 31, 2010 at 1:59 PM  
Anonymous Shar B said...

Such a pretty card! Even though the effect is soft and gorgeous, your poppy really pops!

April 1, 2010 at 12:31 AM  
Anonymous Sandra said...

beautiful!
Sandra

April 1, 2010 at 1:38 AM  
Anonymous debby said...

You always amaze me. Your art is always elegant and tidy. I'm not tidy. This very pretty. Love the beads in the middle.

April 8, 2010 at 9:36 AM  
Blogger Gabriela said...

Ali - I'm absolutely crazy about this poppy. I adore your water coloring and the script behind or over the poppy. This is breath taking.

May 5, 2010 at 7:55 AM  
Blogger Mari said...

I love this! Usually orange is one of my least favorite colors, but this is really lovely. Those seed beads really finished it off nicely too.

May 6, 2010 at 2:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home