This Page

has moved to a new address:


Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
New England Stamper: April 2010

April 30, 2010

Warhol and Whitewash

It feels like a million years since I stamped - it's really only 3 weeks, but it feels like forever! There's been a lot going on with family visiting from overseas, a party, home renovations, school vacation etc. You get the picture!

I made this card for Reasons to Stamp on Gingersnaps today. It's our monthly features which lists a whole bunch of reasons to stamp a project during the upcoming month. This is to commemorate Memorial Day at the end of the month.

I used two TJ techniques - Warhol and Sanded Whitewash. The stars background was created by painting a piece of really rust c/stock with gesso, running it through an embossing folder (once dry) and sanding the surface.

The military man was stamped on really rust and more mustard c/stock, cut into squares and mounted onto vanilla to create a Warhol effect.

Have a wonderful weekend!

  • Stamps: Hero - Artistic Outpost
  • C/stock: Very vanilla, basic black, really rust & more mustard
  • Ink: black
  • Accessories: Word Sticks - Ideology, black embroidery floss

Labels: ,

April 29, 2010

New Blog Home

I've moved my blog over from Typepad to Blogger and gone back to my original blog name - New England Stamper. I've imported all the previous posts and I believe they've crossed over properly. If you see anything that looks weird or wacky, just let me know.

Oh, and I need a few friends - I'm lonely with no followers - LOL!

April 2, 2010

Polished Vellum

Here's a stamp I've had for a while, but didn't quite know what to do with it. When I made this polished vellum background (TJ newsletter April/May 05), I thought they would make a good match.

The basic idea is similar to polished stone, where you pounce different colors of alcohol inks and alcohol onto glossy paper, but in this technique, you use vellum instead. I used vellum c/stock from Stampin' Up!, which is more sturdy than regular vellum paper.

Vitalized David

Once the inks were dry, I brayed black Stazon onto the David stamp and stamped onto the vellum. It was layered it onto a dictionary page, then black and white c/stock.

I'm not quite sure who I'd send this card to, so he might keep me company in my studio for a while.

Have a splendid weekend!


  • Stamps: Artful Artifacts (Stampers Anonymous)
  • Paper: More mustard, whisper white, basic black and vellum c/stock, dictionary page
  • Ink: Black Stazon, alcohol inks
  • Accessories: Word stick (Ideology), black embroidery floss

Labels: ,