<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://vintagepagedesigns.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
New England Stamper: Poe

October 1, 2011

Poe


Happy October! Edgar Alan Poe is the theme on Gingersnaps this month and I created this collage to kick it off.

Starting with a piece of watercolor paper as my base, I added a stamped and grunged up piece of green patterned paper, then layered on gothic German text and some mesh.

I found a photograph of Poe on the internet, re-sized and printed it onto the same German text (in my Etsy store). The paper is from an old copy of Goethe's Faust from the 1800s and is quite fragile, so I glued it onto a piece of copy paper before running it through my printer. It worked like a charm! I added some stamping, stitching and an old optical lens to the photo.

I finished the piece with a vintage pen nib and aged scrabble tiles. Not my normal style, but I hope you like it :)

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

Ali

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ali
Like yourself I've been working with Hallowe'en and far from my normal style but it can be fun to do something different.
This is quite dark and your attention to detail is astonishing. I need to say "Snap" as my Hallowe'en card also has a some Gothic German text.
The addition of the pen nib is a brilliant touch.
Wishes
Lynne

October 1, 2011 at 7:10 AM  
Blogger Marjie Kemper said...

Wow this is amazing, Ali. Love the eye piece and rich green background, and the way you've printed the image onto the text is fabulous!

October 1, 2011 at 10:18 AM  
Blogger Netty said...

Oh wow Ali, this is so different from your usual makes and I love it. xx

October 2, 2011 at 3:35 PM  
Blogger Deb (dcorder) said...

I love this! I'm hot on Poe this year...and this makes me smile. ;D

October 2, 2011 at 6:36 PM  
Blogger penny4thoughts said...

Fantastic collage, Ali! It may not be your normal style, but it has vintage text which definitely shows your touch and which is a great addition to just about anything;-)

October 3, 2011 at 2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great collage! Love the pen nib! Great addition!

October 5, 2011 at 9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home