<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://vintagepagedesigns.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
New England Stamper: Crimper Challenge

September 14, 2011

Crimper Challenge

Blog Candy Reminder: There are only a couple of days left to win some blog candy. Check out this post.


Today I hosted the Gingersnaps Supply Challenge and this month we're using crimpers. I had a hard time finding mine - it's one of those tools that seemed to go out of fashion when the new die cutting machines came along with all those gorgeous embossing folders. But it's an underrated tool that can add great texture to a project. Check out all the other samples that the design team came up with.

I wanted to see if I could crimp some old book pages, so I experimented a bit. I used some of the French dictionary pages I have in my Etsy store and found that the old paper is too delicate for the crimper. You can see in the picture that it splits along the creases.


I came up with a easy solution. Glue it onto a piece of paper first and then run it through the crimping machine. I chose a 50lb paper (writing paper weight) rather than cardstock because that would have been too thick. You could also do the same when putting old paper through a Big Shot with an embossing folder.



Onto the card, for the main panel, I used a technique called Textured Spectrum from the Aug/Sept 09 Technique Junkies Newsletter. This involves brayering ink from a spectrum pad onto c/stock, dry brushing with gesso and once dry, running it through an embossing folder. I added a twist by flattening the panel by running it through my Big Shot several times and then stamping my main image on it. The image is from Viva LasVegastamps.



If that doesn't make sense, ask me in the comments and I can explain it a bit better. Hope you like it!

Have a wonderful day!

Ali

Labels: , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Netty said...

Lots of great texture for this cute victorian card. Annette x

September 14, 2011 at 6:18 PM  
Blogger Harikini said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

September 16, 2011 at 1:41 AM  
Blogger Harikini said...

Love how you made this card, very pretty.

September 16, 2011 at 1:42 AM  
Blogger Shar said...

Awww...so cute! Love the way you added create texture to the text pages!

September 16, 2011 at 6:59 AM  
OpenID chriss-cgra said...

I love the crimped background paper - neat card!

September 16, 2011 at 4:07 PM  
Blogger penny4thoughts said...

Beautiful card Ali and a great tip with that fragile vintage paper! I love the look of the textured spectrum technique.

September 17, 2011 at 8:51 PM  
Blogger Shelly Schmidt said...

Thanks for the great tip for putting thin paper thru the crimper. I love the colors you used- pretty card!

September 18, 2011 at 12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home