<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://vintagepagedesigns.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
New England Stamper: Venetian Tiles

May 23, 2010

Venetian Tiles

Here's a quick weekend share. It's a card I made for my husband because Venice is one of the places we visited on our honeymoon nearly 14 years ago (yikes!). The technique is called Aged Tile from the April/May 08 edition of the TJ newsletter and works really well with these larger stamps.

Venetian tiles

The image, which I believe is from Stamp Camp, was stamped with navy ink onto a vanilla panel and cut into strips and then into tiles. The edges of each tile were sponged with the navy ink and reassembled to create the finished panel. The only trick with this technique is to make sure you don't get the pieces muddled up. (Yes, I dropped them on the floor and it took me 10 minutes to put the puzzle back together!).

I hope you're having a fun and creative weekend!

Ali

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger JeanFB said...

Beautiful! It's a perfect stamp for that technique - it really does look like tiles.

May 23, 2010 at 9:38 AM  
Blogger Katy said...

Stunning, I adore it.

May 23, 2010 at 9:56 AM  
Blogger Lynn Stevens said...

Beautiful! I think you stumbled upon a great idea for kids. Send them a blank card and all the pieces. Then they could put the puzzle card together!!! Fun!

May 23, 2010 at 12:35 PM  
Blogger Connie Paxman said...

loving this aged Tile Ali...the vanilla and navy is perfect.

May 23, 2010 at 1:58 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

This is beautiful, Ali! A large scene stamp like this is perfect for this technique!

May 23, 2010 at 2:22 PM  
Blogger Martha said...

This is gorgeous Ali! Doesn't it make you dream of vacationing in Venice?

May 23, 2010 at 5:21 PM  
Blogger Mamma Goose said...

Fab stamp and what a great way to display it, being new to this crafting lark I love seeing new ideas and your site is sooo inspirational Love it :)

May 24, 2010 at 3:23 AM  
Blogger stampdiva said...

How beautiful this is. Before reading the text I imagined you stamped on tiles or stampbord - I am also in awe of your patience to cut the strips to such precision. Oh I dream of Venice - would love to visit there. Lynne M x

May 24, 2010 at 11:05 AM  
Blogger Gayle Page-Robak said...

I love this card you created for your husband, Ali...so beautiful. It reminds me of the Delft Dutch earthenware from the 1300's. Excellent. Thank you for joining my followers list, Ali..we just returned from spending the long-weekend with our 2 sons and their families in Winnipeg, where we also lived prior to moving here to Brandon 10 years ago. It was a nice May 24th weekend. I have joined you as well, Ali and look forward to more visits. Be well. ttys. Hugs, Gayle (in Canada)

May 24, 2010 at 2:38 PM  
OpenID acreativeneed said...

So beautiful Ali!! I tried this technique once, and mixed up the pieces too!! Aaack!! What a pain to fit it back together! It is gorgeous with this image!
smiles,Deena

May 25, 2010 at 11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home