<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://vintagepagedesigns.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
New England Stamper: Rainbow Double Card

March 2, 2010

Rainbow Double Card

Here's a card I made for my mum. We live far apart and although we speak a couple of times a week on the phone, it's nice to send snail mail too. She recently lost her mother and things are still pretty tough for her, so I thought this might cheer her up a bit. I really hope she likes it.

Rainbow Double For Mum

The technique is called Rainbow Double. It's a Technique Junkie technique from the August/September 07 edition. The first layer is a Versmark resist on glossy c/stock - stamp the images with Versmark and brayer ink over the top. The second layer is embossed with white craft ink and white embossing powder. The hard part for me is applying the spectrum ink evenly - I'm brayer challenged!

Thanks for visiting - have a wonderful day!


Supplies

  • Stamps: Garden Silhouette (Stampin' Up! - retired), Whimsical Words (Stampin' Up!)
  • C/stock: white, glossy white & chocolate chip
  • Ink: Pumpkin Patch Spectrum ink pad, chocolate chip, white craft ink, Versamark
  • Accessories: sheer brown ribbon, white embossing powder
  • Tools: brayer, heat gun, large oval punch

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous the PaperTemptress said...

Wow, Ali that is one very gorgeous card, I LOVE IT! I am sure she will too since we all know that cards are much prettier in real life and when the picture looks as good as this one does the real card has to be amazing! I am going to be looking up that technique (but I am brayer challenged LOL!
Patricia
www.papertemptress.com

March 2, 2010 at 10:58 PM  
Anonymous PetraB said...

The composition and colour combination of the card is wonderful. I am sue your mum will love it. Petra.

March 2, 2010 at 11:00 PM  
Anonymous Susan Raihala said...

WOW! What a great idea to emboss over the resist and brayer ink!
Hugs, Susan

March 3, 2010 at 12:22 AM  
Anonymous karen said...

This is stunning. I love that technique.

March 3, 2010 at 1:03 AM  
Anonymous joanne wardle said...

that's gorgeous, the reist and the embossing give it such depth

March 3, 2010 at 1:48 AM  
Anonymous Lynne Moncrieff said...

This is gorgeous. Any Mum would love this card. Lynne x

March 3, 2010 at 2:52 AM  
Anonymous Sandra said...

love it Ali - nice job, will have to try it!
Sandra

March 3, 2010 at 2:55 AM  
Anonymous Suzie said...

Mum,will love this card. Great technique, guess I am going to have to join Technique Junkie, there are so many ways to do stamping that I am not familar with. Thanks to the DT at GC am learning new things all the time. Thanks for the inspiration.

March 3, 2010 at 7:05 AM  
Anonymous Kate said...

Great looking card. Thanks for the explanation of how you made it.
Aloha, Kate

March 4, 2010 at 7:17 AM  
Anonymous Debby said...

Me 2. Brayers own me, I don't own them. However you are much too critical of yourself. This is positively gorgeous and I know your Mother loved it and is cherishing it at this moment. Very lovely.

March 4, 2010 at 12:39 PM  
Anonymous Aimeslee said...

Just gorgeous - and inspiring me to try this technique! xoxo

March 5, 2010 at 7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home