<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://vintagepagedesigns.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
New England Stamper: Tempting Textures

November 15, 2009

Tempting Textures

I was fooling around with Distress inks this week making backgrounds for an inchie swap and I whipped up this card with the left overs.  The technique I used on the bird tags (images: Invoke Arts) is Watercolor Distress from the February/March 07 Technique Junkies Newsletter.

Of course, I fooled around the with technique a bit by using several colors of distress ink, not one.  And I used water color paper rather than ultra smooth as the technique suggested.  The basic idea behind it is, smoosh ink pads on a non-stick surface, spritz with water and place paper face down into the ink.  Dry paper with heat tool and press paper back into the ink for a second time to pick up more ink.  It's a lovely effect and takes very little time.

Watercolor Distress Birds

The texture in the card comes from the gorgeous card stock I used for the base - Cocoa Crepe from The Paper Temptress (Gingersnap's November Sponsor).  This ruche c/stock feels gorgeous and is perfect for nature-inspired cards.  I'll definitely be stocking up on this one!  If you're interested in learning more about The Paper Temptress, Sharon wrote a really cool interview on Gingersnaps earlier in the month.

Have a wonderful weekend!



Labels: , , , , ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Lynn Stevens said...

I can't believe you made this with leftovers!
Gorgeous!

November 15, 2009 at 3:33 AM  
Anonymous debby said...

The ruche is definately one of my favorites. This card and technique are gorgeous!

November 15, 2009 at 5:54 AM  
Anonymous Shar B said...

Great card! I love how you used the distressed inks and you are totally right about the cardstock enhancing the naturalistic feel of the card.

November 15, 2009 at 10:05 AM  
Anonymous Gerrie said...

Very creative, luv the colors and how the card just comes all together.

November 15, 2009 at 10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anita said...

Beautiful card! I love the Ruche paper too.

November 15, 2009 at 1:07 PM  
Anonymous Martha said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the 3 little tags. That brown textured paper is yummy.

November 15, 2009 at 1:31 PM  
Anonymous Hels said...

Totally divine card hun..love it x

November 15, 2009 at 10:17 PM  
Anonymous dcorder (deb) said...

I had to come over for a closer look - I saw your TJ posting. I just love your tags! Really great!

November 16, 2009 at 4:29 AM  
Anonymous joanne wardle said...

goregous! love that cardstock!

November 16, 2009 at 6:26 AM  
Anonymous Lana said...

Beautiful card! Off to see more but thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog! :)

November 17, 2009 at 4:52 AM  
Anonymous Deena said...

Leftovers?? You amaze me Ali!! Beautiful!! I love this technique too. I miss you over at CCC!

November 17, 2009 at 8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home