<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://vintagepagedesigns.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
New England Stamper: Cozy Home

November 4, 2009

Cozy Home

I made this card for Gingersnap Creations' Cozy Home Challenge. It's my first attempt at the Sepia technique from the current issue of Technique Junkies.

I stamped the barn image from Impression Obsession on tan c/stock and highlighted areas with white craft ink and a white gel pen. I added color with Prisma pencils and sponged several shades of brown ink around the edges.

The whole piece looked a little flat to me, so I did a cracked glass effect over the top. I covered the entire panel with Versmark ink and heat embossed twice with UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel). I created the cracks by bending the piece in several directions after 15 minutes in the freezer.

Sepia Home

If you get a minute, check out the other Cozy Home creations that the design team came up with - you won't be disappointed!

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Signature

Supplies:


  • Stamps: Barn (Impression Obsession), Warm Wishes (Stampin' Up!)

  • C/stock: Cream Caramel, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip

  • Ink: Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, white craft ink, Prisma Pencils, Timber Brown Stazon, Versamark, white gel pen

  • Accessories: Gold brads, UTEE

  • Tools: Heat gun, paint brush, sponges, large oval punch

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Lynn Stevens said...

This really is Gorgeous Ali, just had to tell you again!

November 4, 2009 at 4:24 PM  
Anonymous Michaella Schmidt said...

I am trying to leave a comment on this wonderful card again today- I love this!
Shelly

November 6, 2009 at 2:22 PM  
Anonymous debby said...

Fabulous! I need to try that sepia technique too!

November 15, 2009 at 5:57 AM  
Anonymous Shar B said...

What a wonderful use of the sepia technique! So amazing and homey!

November 18, 2009 at 1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home